Search

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Small Business Experience

So, I am completely for supporting small town businesses over corporations (especially as I have one now). Dont get me wrong I do shop at Walmart and I do go out to corporate owned restaurants like Applebees etc. but I definitely make sure I am also helping to support the community. The story I am about to share supported every reason why I have and will continue to do so.
I was out shopping downtown around lunch time and after a bit my belly started rumbling so I decided to stop at one of the places I had been dying to try. I went into this little restaurant in Lancaster, OH called Deb's Corner Cafe; there were only two other people there so it was pretty private, relaxing and quiet. I sat down and ordered a Pepsi, salad and a bacon cheeseburger. The waitress brings me out a can of Pepsi and a cup of ice this was $1. I also paid about $10 for my bacon cheeseburger and fries, now I could have just stopped at McDonalds and paid around $5 for my burger, fries and drink together but my burger comes out and oh my goodness...it was the BEST and biggest burger I have EVER had in my entire life. This burger was cooked perfectly, the meat and the bacon, the lettuce and tomato were super crisp and fresh. It was the best meal I have had in a long time and worth every single penny! I was completely full and still eating because it just tasted so amazing. Sure I could have got something way cheaper elsewhere but I would not have been anywhere near as satisfied as I was leaving that restaurant. Typically shopping at a small business you are going to get better customer service and a quality product, and to me that is worth the extra money and whats better than supporting your community?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment